Books related to Bhaktapur
Bhaktapur, on one hand, is an open museum where you can observe those hundreds of years old monuments standing in front of you. Those wood carvings, stone statues, temples, resthouses, ponds, spouts, alleys, foods, and the people, all share a shred of history in themselves.
That’s why sometimes we feel like why do we even need to study anything about such a magnificent place where each subject by itself shout out everything about them.
Yet, we need certain books or guides to understand what exactly are they trying to say about themselves. Right?
Those things that you found on your way while passing the Nyatapola temple or Dattatraya Square. The quite weird looking windows, red stones in between the streets, small stone mandalas in front of the door, they all have a reason for their existence.
The gentle touch of history and the stories related to these monuments and places simply make your journey more beautiful and memorable, thus make it full of stories.
Moreover, the city has such a settlement that whence more you start to apprehend about them, the more you get curious and left with the mysteries.
That’s why here we come up with a sort of solution, with a collection of books all related to Bhaktapur.
Lists of books and other reading materials
- Hinduism and the Organization of a Traditional Newar City in Nepal
- Traditional Materials and Construction Technologies used in the Kathmandu Valley
- The history of Ancient and Medival Nepal
- Bhaktapur, the historical city
- The tradition of Nava Durga in Bhaktapur, Nepal
- Handling Death: The Dynamics of Death and Ancestor Rituals Among the Newars …
- The sprirt of place of Bhaktapur
- The earliest dated document in Newari
- Struts in Nepalese Architecture
- Sketches from Nepal
- Nepalese musical instruments
- The sampradaya sun
- Sana Guthi and the newars
- Research paper on water and culture
- Mahakali Naach