The rectangular water conduit near Tripurasundari Temple is well known as the Dhungedhara (Lohahiti) of Tripurasundari. It is located at Tulachhen (north of the Jagannath temple of Tulachhen). Though the conduit is not functioning nowadays, it must have had great significance in past. Near the conduit, there is a pati (north side) which states that the conduit was built in N.S. 589 (1468 A.D.) by King Yakshya Malla.
Besides the extremely beautiful water conduit, there is a statue of Goddess Gajalaxmi, Vaikuntha Narayan Vishnu and a Shivalinga. This particular dhungedhara is also best known for one of the best images of Bhagirath.
No review on this yet. Be the first one to review.